Academy of St Martin in the Fields:
Available from March 13 at 8:00 PM - March 20 at 11:59 PM
If you redeemed your Access Code more than 10 minutes before the
start time, please refresh your page to watch the performance.
PLAYER CONTROLS: VOLUME, FULLSCREEN, SUBTITLES & MORE
The video's player controls appear at the bottom of the player when you hover over the video player. More information is found below the picture
Fast Forward and Rewind: When you hover, you will see a blue line with a dot at the end. Click the dot and drag it forward to fast forward, or back to rewind
Below this fast forward/rewind bar, you will see the other video controls.
Left side of the player (from left to right)
- Play button (triangle)
- Volume: Megaphone. When muted, a line appears diagonally through the megaphone icon. Click the icon to turn on the volume
- Time code
Right side of the player (from left to right)
- Subtitles: Click the rectangle, and select English if you would like to watch the videos with subtitle captions.
- Video Definition: Select the gear to choose the video quality (from HD 1080 to lower resolution 480). If your video is buffering (or if there is a spinning circle in the middle of the player), select a lower resolution to use to watch.
- Fullscreen: Cick the final icon to watch the video in full screen.
Academy of St Martin in the Fields: re:connect — Overcoming Distance
One of the world’s premier chamber orchestras, the Academy of St Martin in the Fields invites you to reconnect with classical music in this intimate, pre-recorded digital concert of stirring masterpieces. The re:connect series was launched in response to the current moment, with socially-distanced concerts filmed at St Martin-in-the-Fields church in London’s Trafalgar Square and streamed online. re:connect—Overcoming Distance opens with selected pieces for solo instruments, including Olivier Messiaen’s Abîme des Oiseaux (Abyss of birds), featuring a solo clarinet. This work is the third movement of Quatuor pour la fin du Temps (Quartet for the End of Time) composed while Messiaen was a prisoner of war during WWII. The music of J.S. Bach is also featured in this program, including a movement from a solo cello work and Brandenburg Concerto No. 4. The program concludes with Mozart’s daring Symphony No. 29, an expansive work with an underlying sense of agitation and unease that occasionally breaks to the surface. Under the auspices of music director and virtuoso violinist Joshua Bell, the Academy is celebrated for its fresh interpretations of symphonic repertoire and chamber music with its small, conductor-less ensemble.
J.S. Bach: Sarabande from Suite No. 5 for Cello solo
Messiaen: “Abîme des oiseaux” from Quatuor pour la fin du Temps for Clarinet solo
MacMillan: Interlude from ‘Since it was the day of Preparation…’ for Horn solo
J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, BWV 1049
Copland: Quiet City
Mozart: Symphony No. 29 in A major, K. 201
Access Passes: $15-$45, Pay-what-you-wish in $5 increments
How to Watch
- Access Passes are available for purchase until 5 p.m. EST on March 13 and may be used to view the performance between March 13 at 8 p.m. and March 20 at 11:59 p.m.
- Receive Access Code: On the day of the event, your personal access code will be emailed to you approximately one hour prior to the event from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. (To ensure delivery, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list in your email client.)
- Redeem Access Code. To watch the performance, return to this page and enter your access code. The codes are case-sensitive. For more information on how to view the event, click the How To & Troubleshooting Guide button below
For assistance with access codes or viewing, patrons should contact the Ticket Office. On the day of the event, the Ticket Office will be open two hours prior to the event and one hour after the start time. Our regular business hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Limited free tickets for Mason Students are available. Learn more.
Thank you to our sponsor
2020–2021 Hylton Performing Arts Center Season Sponsor
Center for the Arts at George Mason University
Center for the Arts, 4400 University Drive, MS 2F5, Fairfax, VA 22030-4444